LEARNING WOODWORKING SKILLS
Woodworking is the activity or skill of creating or building objects using wood. Aside from allowing you to personalise things and save more money, woodworking is also healthy for your mind and body. It even has social benefits.
Five Benefits of Woodworking
- It improves the heart - It lowers blood pressure levels and is a great way to relieve yourself of stress. Fight cortisol (stress hormone) with woodworking.
- It strengthens the body - It keeps the body fit by requiring you to carry a lot of wood for your home improvement or DIY project. Woodworking is a great exercise that will help your joints maintain their flexibility. If you are into sawing, like jig sawing your balance and hand- eye coordination allows people to have toned muscles and better bone health.
- It helps prevent future illnesses - If you are fit and you exercise regularly, you will have smaller chances of getting various sicknesses in the future. Woodworking helps you become healthy by making you move your muscles around to accomplish a task. It is proved to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and fracture as well. Woodworking also discourages dementia by keeping a sharp mind.
- It improves the mind - As mentioned earlier this activity keeps the mind sharp by requiring you to concentrate on the task at hand. It even encourages you to be as creative as you can be. Apart from making you think beyond the box, woodworking also increases your knowledge of the world by knowing the types of wood, saws, nails and other tools you must encounter. It also boosts the mood and allows you to gain more self-confidence after you have built an object. Woodworking is a good mental exercise because there is a sense of fulfilment.
- It encourages you to join community - There are local woodworking communities everywhere that are ready to welcome newcomers. Aside from inspiring you, Portadown Wellness Centre can support you and help you improve your woodworking skills. If you are an expert, you could teach those who are still at the beginning of their woodworking journey.
Participating at Portadown Wellness Centre will allow you to exchange ideas and socially interact with others